Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baby Magic

Meet Jacob. Can you say sweet?!?

It's no surprise really. His mother and my husband went to business school together (swanky elite b-school no less) and she was commonly known among our crowd as the nicest person in their class. I don't think anyone would dispute that title. So I have no idea why I was so taken aback by how sweet her little baby Jacob is and how quickly I just fell.in.love! Apples don't fall far you know.

Knowing his mother I should have expected that. The other thing I didn't expect was that she would have her act so completely pulled together. Showered. With make up. And clothes without baby drool and spit on them.

She looked so pretty I just wanted to take her picture all morning. Seriously. I had to restrain myself and focus on that baby. But I was so mesmerized. And it's not just that her body is at this perfect voluptuous shape, and that she has the most amazing blue eyes you've ever seen, and a sparkly smile that lights up a room. It's that she's literally glowing from the inside. The love she has for motherhood and this baby and this family of hers comes shining out of her. She has a sincerity and a confidence and such joy that she brings to every single little task of parenting. I truly felt like I was under a spell and when I left I was walking on air. So moved and inspired and, well, HAPPY.

I'll be quiet now so you too can bask in the glow of these two....

And my very favorite picture from the shoot.....

I think these two have a magical future ahead of them. With this much love and sweetness, how can they not?

No comments: