Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Chicks

It's Easter and what better way to bring in the joy of spring than with my favorite little chicks. No strangers to Clark Street, these sisters just might be my favorite models.


First we have Livi. She is a natural in front of the camera. What amazes me when I look at the pictures of her is how much she engages the lens. It's something that takes a certain amount of confidence and inner spark, imagination and fantasy, honesty and openness.



She has wisdom and maturity way beyond her years. She's what I'd call an old soul. She hasn't really learned anything yet, she pretty much has known it all since she was a baby. She did everything first in our playgroup and often way ahead of schedule.

Ceci on the other hand seems to be discovering this world almost for the first time. And she loves it!
She's at that sweet age of 2. Everything that comes out of her mouth is adorable. She's gaining her stride, making her likes and dislikes known, coming into herself. She's playful, fiesty, charming, spunky.



Adorable on their own, but heart stoppingly sweet together. Not only do they make an attractive pair. I mean, come on, look at them! So cute you could eat them with a spoon!

But their dynamic is one of genuine affection, understanding, and adoration.

I love this picture for the fierceness with which Livi loves her sister. And the safety Ceci feels in her big sisters arms.

I'm just crazy for these little chicks.

No comments: