Monday, October 11, 2010

No Tears Today

OK, maybe a few....

I couldn't resist showing a glimpse into the....um....variety....we capture on a shoot. And how hard these kids (and parents) work to get a good shot.

Things have been pretty serious on the blog lately. I'm happy to report that with holiday card season in full swing we'll be more jolly. But I also feel a little restricted in my photo selections. I want my families to be able to unveil that perfect shot on their holiday card. So my selections for the L family today tend toward the candid variety. No worries I got plenty of goodies.

Like this one: my new favorite shot ever!

I put this one on my Facebook page already (what? have you not Liked me yet? get on over there!) but I couldn't resist sharing again and with a broader audience. And look at this gem, so cute right? Love these little beauties.

The oldest is Grant. Responsible, confident, a natural leader, mature for his age. Dare I say Type A. I caught him here in a rare moment of silliness.


And then there's sweet Charlie. The middle child. A bright ray of sunshine and happiness. He's the snuggler, the lover, the poet.

Lastly we have Baby Caroline

Who isn't a baby anymore. Walking and exploring - Caroline definitely has opinions about how her world needs to be organized. And as the youngest she has the least amount of pictures in the family album. And that is a challenge I just can't resist.

Her Mom said she just had an intuitive sense after Charlie was born that she wasn't done and that she was meant to raise a daughter. And this beautiful girl is a reminder that when we listen to our gut, that whisper inside, it's always for good. Not necessarily easy, but definitely for good.


So the trio is complete. And there's a big world out there for them to explore. And Mom and Dad are just trying, like every parent, to hold on and remember as many of the details as they can. Cherishing the little moments. Because the cliche is true - it all goes by so quickly.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Amazing photos, Emi. You captured their personalities so well and the lighting was just perfect. It's so great to have beautiful photos of the kids in our favorite place in Evanston.

Angela J Reeves said...

SOOOO gorgeous! I love the pic of the dad-swing with the toddler wanting to get on too!