Thursday, November 13, 2008

Party of Six

I had the pleasure last Sunday of shooting John & Julie and their 4 adorable children, in order from oldest to youngest, Jack, Quinn, Will, and Janie. Oh they were such fun! Such willing subjects, parents who love their children and photography, and are willing to go to great lengths to get the shots. It's a tough time of year on the blog. We're in holiday card mode and I'd love to show you the great family pictures we've been getting but don't wish to spoil anyone's postal ta-da. This picture below I'm pretty sure won't be used as the card but it absolutely captures my heart. That face on sweet Janie!


This next series of the band of brothers I think makes a terrific storyboard. I would love to see them framed and grouped together.




And then there's Janie with her doting brothers.


Here's John getting Will ready for his big game close-up...

Jack really wanted to take pictures in his Michigan jersey. I was more than happy to oblige of course. Looks like he's ready for the Big House!
This to me is one of those perfect pictures. It's not the photography that's good. It's the moment we illuminated. This is the reason why I take pictures of parents and their kids. So that when these kids are pouring over childhood pictures as adults looking for clues, trying to fill in the gaps, there won't be any mystery as to how Mom felt about them and took care of them. Julie (and John too) has such enthusiasm and pure love for her children. And I was lucky enough to witness it.

No comments: