Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nana's Garden

Clark Street is on the road this month so you can expect to see lots of updates from the home state of TEXAS. For the first leg of our journey we're staying with my in-laws, and my Mother-in-law Jeri is Sadie's favorite person on the planet. Sadie is in heaven at her Nannie's house. And they just so happen to have one of the loveliest gardens I've ever been in. The light was just right the other day so we went out to grab a few shots. Some of these I'll treasure forever. Here's Sadie with her beloved Nannie.


And then I couldn't resist capturing some of the pretty things they have in their garden. This candle holder is on the most elegant art piece that also functions as a table.
Throwing rocks in this little fountain is a favorite pastime of both my kids. Someday I should pull together all the photos I have of them as they've grown up, measuring their size in relation to this quaint spot.
Through this sculpture you can glimpse the waterfall in the big pond (complete with fish to feed) and the cute little blooming lily pad that's floating there.

Sadie this trip loves to jump on the rock path up to the bridge and then shout "TA-DA!" This is her moment of triumph.

And then there's dusk. My favorite time of day for so many reasons. And my sweet Sadiekins showing her curiosity and reverence for the melodious wind chime.

Nana's Garden will always be one of those places they remember most about visiting their grandparents in Texas.

No comments: