Monday, December 8, 2008

The Lambert Experience

Ever since I was a freshman in high school and I saw her on stage in our high school production of Once Upon a Mattress, I've wanted to be Kate Huston (now Lambert). She was a Junior and I worshiped her. As fate, good letter writing, and extreme generosity on her part would have it, we actually became good friends after she left high school. Now, all grown up and thousands of memories later I consider her among those closest to me in the world. And really, if I'm being honest, I still want to be her. Or like her. My admiration and love for her is endless. To my amazement and happiness she married Scott who is better for her in a million ways than anyone I could have designed and he has enriched my life completely. And then they had 2 charming, brilliant, precocious, theatrical children, Ashton (8) and Duncan (5) who simply have my heart. Together the 4 of them make up one of the most enthusiastic, passionate, dynamic and captivating families one could ever hope to meet. But the Lamberts aren't just a family. They are an experience. Seriously, they could charge admission.

They were so gracious to get all coordinated and cute and fall so naturally into loving family poses for me. It was clear they put effort into their shoot and I can only hope I've done them justice.









2 comments:

Molly Lyons said...

Love this group. Absolutely love it. Brava, Emi, you have such a gift. Like so many artists, you are multiply blessed.

Cherie said...

Emi - your photos are SPECTACULAR!!~!!